Introduction to Dynamics, 4th Ed.
David J. McGill and Wilton W. King
An Introduction to Dynamics is the second of two volumes covering basic topics of mechanics. This book helps students develop a feel for realistically modeling an engineering situation.
• Rolling covered in a separate section
• Unique development of Work & Kinetic Energy Principle for rigid bodies
• The most complete treatment of 3D rigid body dynamics
• Practical but rigorous angular velocity definition in 3D
• Strong emphasis on choosing best forms of the moment equation for rigid bodies in plane motion
• Strong separate section on rotation of unbalanced bodies and balancing
• Special topics chapter on vibrations, Euler’s Laws for a control volume, and central force motion
• Appendix on moments of inertia of masses