Statics, 4th Ed.
David J. McGill and Wilton W. King
Statics is the first book in a two-volume set on basic mechanics. This is a text for standard courses in statics.
• Separate section on the Free-Body Diagram
• Physical meaning of moment of a force about a line developed and displayed
• Equilibrium used to motivate equipollence
• Equilibrium analysis
• Brief section on mechanics of deformable bodies allows discussion of static indeterminacy
• Special topics chapter on virtual work, and hydrostatic pressure on submerged bodies
• Appendices on vectors, moments and products of inertia of areas, and equilibrium: a body and its parts